Michael AboyaVisual Artist
Journey To The 8
My name is Michael Aboya also known as Aboya.8, a fine-art and fashion photographer based in Ghana, West Africa. This is a story about my journey to the 8, a journey that never ends, a story that will always be told long after I’m gone. When I was 19, my passion for arts and photography became very real. At that time, I was studying software programming, a subject I had no particular interest in it, but my parents wanted me to be a programmer. The journey and story begins when I lost my father to cancer in August 2016, this drove me to realize that one day I will also die; but do I die knowing I pursued my dreams or that I wasted my life? It was then, that I started to pursue my dreams of becoming a professional photographer. I stopped studying computer programming and used the little savings and funds I had to buy a Canon T3 camera with a Canon EF 70mm – 300mm lens. In early 2017, I started working as a full-time photographer, dedicated to learning and very importantly becoming a better version of myself. Today, as a visual artist working with photography, my purpose is to tell stories that inspire, empower and connect with the viewer. My images explore emotions, love and strength through composition, lighting, and subject matter. As I look to the future, I look forward to continuing the exploration of our humanity for many years to come.
- 2021 – Photographer Of The Year Ghana, People Choice Award.
- 2020 – Best portrait photography 2020 Agora Images Spain Barcelona.
- 2019 – Author Of the best photograph in the world 2019 “Songs OF Freedom” – Agora Awards 2019 in Spain, Barcelona.
- 2018 – Best eyes photography award, Best sound photography award, and Best horse rider Photography award.
- Adobe Lightroom Ambassador.
- Agora Awards Ambassador, Spain Barcelona.
Adobe Lightroom Classic Splash Screen Artist 2022